Mission, Values, Vision
- Our sexuality is a fundamental part of who we are.
- Our rights to well being includes a right to sexual and reproductive well bring irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, or behaviour.
- Sexuality, gender, and human rights should be integrated into all development initiatives.
- Community led initiatives are relevant, effective, and sustainable and have to be fostered to complement NGO efforts.
All work undertaken by Siaap must meet the following criteria:
- Play a pioneering role in areas where it can be effective
- Contribute to supportive policies and not merely support the individuals
- Withdraw from areas that can be handed over to community-based Organisations, NGOs, and the government
- Give the first priority to the community
- Encourage cost per person to be reasonable to permit replication.
- Respect the people we work for
- Be sensitive to sexuality and gender issues
- Work with lean and effective teams
- Respect the right to privacy and confidentiality
- Bring to public attention issues that need to be dealt within the public domain.